PROCUREMENT AND FACILITY OFFICER (LAGOS) - Job Description
PROCUREMENT AND FACILITY OFFICER
Recruitment Type: Internal and External
Main purpose of the position
The Procurement and facility Officer will maintain positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, purchasing items, and maintaining accurate records while making sure that branches and other bank’s facilities meet the needs of staff that works in them.
Essential Job Duties:
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Work with team members and Admin manager to complete duties as needed
2. Facility Maintenance
- ·Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- Multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Involvement in building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Helping businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
The role and tasks will evolve with the growth of the organization.
Qualification/Education: Minimum of B.Sc, HND or PGD in purchasing and supply, Social sciences, Management sciences or Engineering.
Relevant professional qualification is an advantage.
Work Experience: At least three years work experience as a procurement and facility officer officer in a financial institution or related industry.
Skills: High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations and negotiation skills.
Personal Traits: Tactfulness; self-disciplined; resolute and Value driven. Pragmatic and meticulous in processes and procedures; Ability to relate effectively across different levels of authority. Time conscious and purposeful.