HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - Job Description
|IBADAN, OYO STATE
Recruitment Type: Internal and External
Main purpose of the position
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures that employment contracts and related addendums are in compliance with all requirements of the law
- Keeps up-to-date on employment law and compliance issues
- Updates existing tools and processes to allow staff follow-up
- Supervises individual administration of staff
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Supervises entry and exit procedures, internal and external mobility and compiles and updates staff files accordingly
- Writes HR policies and procedures (recruitment, training, personnel administration, compensation and benefit, performance management)
- Manages payroll: ensuring that salary is consistent with terms of the contract. Controlling leaves of absence, extra hours, salary raise and proper calculation of bonuses)
- Manages medical coverage of staff and maintaining relationships with Medical Centre
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- Participates in and supervises the recruitment process with all parties involved : writing job adverts, outsourcing, selecting candidates, organizing interviews and tests, recommending candidates
- Establishes the training plan and supervises the implementation of this plan
- Writes and updates job descriptions
- Establishes and maintains relationships with schools and universities
TALENT SOURCING AND ACQUISITION
- Develop a sustainable talent acquisition and hiring plans and strategies
- Source and find candidates qualified for open positions
- perform analysis of hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecast
- Investigate and determine employee needs
- Collects training needs expressed through various channels (managers, annual appraisal, General Management, Trainers) and building the annual training plan.
- Selects external and internal trainers and meeting related service providers
- Supervises training budget
- Builds and maintains good relations with employee delegates
- Organizes discussions and meetings
- Manages employee performance in line with processes and procedures and monitor compliance with related policies.
- Enlighten employees on matter related to the performance management policies.
- Analysis of performance results for workforce analytics.
- Manages the organization-wide effort to ensure that performance management programmes are developed and well managed.
- Ensures planning of appraisal of employee by organizing the annual appraisal campaign
- Organizes career planning and development of staff members
The role and tasks will evolve with the growth of the organization.
Qualification/Education: Minimum of MBA (HR Specialization) / MMP / M.Sc. (Human Resources Management).
Must be a qualified and licensed associate or member or associate of Chattered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria while SHRM, CIPD, SPHR, PHR or PHRi are an advantage.
Work Experience: At least Fifteen (15) years work experience of which Five (5) must be in a managerial position.
Skills: High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations and negotiation skills.
Personal Traits: Tactfulness; self-disciplined; resolute and Value driven. Pragmatic and meticulous in processes and procedures; Ability to relate effectively across different levels of authority. Time conscious and purposeful.